Thursday, August 7, 2008

New RAM, Working Server

While still waiting on the RMA for some defective RAM, I stopped by the local Circuit City and picked up 2GB of (outrageously overpriced) RAM. As soon as i got home, I popped in the two new sticks, and before long I had a perfectly functioning server. Now, hopefully, I can get a refund (instead of replacement) for the defective RAM. Otherwise I'll have a home server with 4GB of 667MHz RAM, a little overkill for a two person data server. Everything is now working great, with the exception of Bugzilla, but I've never gotten that to install correctly anyway. In total, the server is running: Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server, Samba (for Windows File Sharing), Apache2, Media Wiki (Project Documentation and Bug Tracking), Subversion, and Hamachi (Virtual Private Network). Watch for install guides soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment